5.13.2007
I <3 Virb*
How do I love thee, let me count the ways.

Well, I've spent the better part of the weekend polishing off and consolidating all my digital ventures into the compact, customizable, and completely sexy virb.com. I've had the social networking account since the end of 2006, when a coworker introduced me to it. Since then, I've been nothing short of lazy, that is to say if the act of avoiding spending countless hours in front of a computer screen simply to kick-ass-ify something used to spend even more time in front of a computer screen is considered lazy. Regardless, I did it along with plucking the thorn in my side:

MySpace (no hyperlink here; I'd rather not give them the clicks)

I've debated the proposition for quite a while. Ditching the capitol of all digital social networking ventures might be considered blasphemy in certain circles, or at the very least, social suicide. However, the crude structure, slow functionality, and countless ads have pushed me to a breaking point, and something finally gave. Now that isn't to say, I just up and left. I left a few breadcrumbs behind for those interested in tracking me down.

One such crumb...

Feel free to click it, as it will take you to what is now my active MySpace profile. We'll see how long it lasts, as I've heard rumors that MySpace is not too keen on these kind of Div overlays and might end up deactivating it. For now, however, I'm more than happy to stick it to the man whilst giving Virb plenty of new clicks.

With that, if you haven't yet, please join Virb. Ask yourself, if you're even there, what's the point of Myspace. With a good eye on the pros and cons, I'm sure you'll see the negative outweighs the positive. From there, be an influencer and get the hell out of Dodge. Leave it to the teenie boppers and NAMBLA members. You'll find a much happier home at Virb.


I've successfully consolidated the following accounts into one central location that is my Virb page:
And I've only just tapped the potential of the system. Hopefully with this newfound hub I've got the kickstart I need to start blogging again, because we all know how much the public needs me. In either case, just having the opportunity to leave MySpace by the wayside has been reason enough for the time spent.

Here's to happier digital days.

Thanks, Virb.