6.07.2007
You're so beautiful, you could be a part-time model
HBO's got a new comedic series coming out later this month that literally had me rolling on the floor. It's called Flight of the Conchords. The premise? Two New Zealand digi-folk musicians struggle to make a name for themselves in NYC. Before you pass it off as sitcom fluff, I suggest you give it a shot. I've attached one of the more magical moments.

If it's not your thing, that's fine, just promise me you'll at least watch through the party scene on the episode that's found here (it's at the beginning). There's this incredible song that the main characters break into.




That part is actually my favorite element of the show. While much of the series is trying to create an indie mellow drama vibe what with the digital hand cams and the emo-esque apparel of most of the cast, there is this other aspect of song. Admittedly it's a gimmick, but one that works well. There's 3 moments in this episode where the characters break into music. The result is a music video theme, where the characters around them move on as normal. It's best to see it rather than read me, but trust me, the moments are golden. The lyrics are hilarious and, surprisingly, the music is really catchy. (I'm still humming the first tune in my head as I write this)

The show has yet to make its debut, but I think it could be a hit, provided the right audience finds it in time. Here's the upcoming show schedule. Keep your fingers crossed, and keep on giggling.